Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Burma Road Run

Finished tasks for The (very chill) Man (who employs me), and waltzed outside to discover an afternoon kissed with sunshine. Powered the wagon home and slipped from my zoot-suit into warm running gear. Out the door again and off to Burma Road.


This old WWII jeep road is my go-to for running - private, with stunning views of Barometer Mountain and Old Woman Mountain, as well as the airport and the sea. I ran until a water crossing provided a sufficient excuse to turn my aching legs around, then hobbled back the way I had come.



The upsides to running outdoors include natural beauty and oxygen. The perils include true commitment to your route - once you've run out, the only way to end the run is to head back in. No stepping off the treadmill when your Achilles tendons start to feel like cruelly-plucked banjo strings.



Fine day in Kodiak!

No comments:

Post a Comment