Saturday, December 20, 2014

Welcome to Gypsy Without a Wagon

Welcome. I am a gypsy without a wagon, which would seem to make me a stateless Roma, but in fact just qualifies me to be employed and whinge about how an income temporarily barricades from carefree roaming. The purpose of this blog is two-fold: to (1) recall journeys of the past, and (2) fantasize on journeys of the future. Post a comment already and tell of how my tales have made your heart sick to kick off the burdens of responsibility for a tramp about the land.

The following photos depict loyal steeds, the get-away vehicles that land one in the back of beyond, the conveyances by which I escape into the wilderness, rural and otherwise:

Skin-On-Frame F1 kayak, built by the author, June 2014.



Cannondale tourer, with my Dad's hand-me-down Kirtland panniers from the 70's.

My kayak, M's borrowed Delta Seventeen, and the MSR Hubba Hubba home in the background, in Rudyerd Bay, below Punchbowl Lake.

My SOF on the Round Revillagigedo paddle

1992 Honda Accord wagon, with bike and kayak, bursting at the seams with all worldly possessions.

Back-borne homes and sustenance, here at the store below Kaupo Gap, Maui.

Life-line at three atmospheres, pictured here in Lahaina, Maui.

No comments:

Post a Comment